Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 23 & 24

No bites, no bug sightings

Day 23 : I kind of wasted a weekend day by being out of the house for most of it. Still, I manage to get laundry done (half bagged half put into storage), a bag of treated clothes donated, and one heat treatment done.

Day 24: I am not sure when the PCO is coming back to inspect, he said it would be this week. I have seen no signs of anything in the sticky traps he left. I have not heard anyone speak highly of them as a detection device.

I heat treat one of the couch cushions. the outer mnaterial zippers off, but I had to cut the inner layer lining to get the heat probe way into the center of the cushion to make sure that the heat was high enough, even at the core. I bagged it afterwards.

Hopefully I can treat the other 3 cushions this week. Get the couch vacuumed down in the meantime, and then flip it over to do a more thorough inspection.

Rugs remain my big issue. I guess I should just borrow the steam cleaner that I have access to. I may heat water to 150 degress and only do little sections at a time in order to feel it is effective. That will take hours, of course, but I can be methodical about it. Highest probablity of bugs are the areas under my bed and then the carpet edges - do those areas first.

I may look at the hardware store roll rolls of heavy duty plastic, maybe drop clothes would work, and may just roll up and seal 3-4 of the smaller rugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment