Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 12-16 Bogged Down

I didn't have any helpers this week and a few other things conspired to make it difficult, so, not much done. Stayed on top of laundry, and did some vacuuming, but not a lot else.

It was day 14 before I finally got the prep list from the Pest Control people. It is much less extensive than the previous list I had from another exterminator. I am going to continue with what I am doing and call them on Monday to clarify some things and ask again the names of their chemicals so I can have them written down.

I started posting a few questions on the forums at bedbugger.com and got some info that way, like how best to fill up the cracks in my floors and the big gaps at the baseboards.

Saw a live bug on day 15, just inside the house, crawling up the outside of a laundry bag that was fresh out of the dryer. So, either picked up in the elevator when I set it down or in my entry way. The entry way got a thorough vacuuming and is getting sprayed down with alcohol daily.

Other than that, no sighting and there have been no bites. And I am still looking once the room is darkened at night. Inspecting the creases at the seams in the couch cushions and edges in the bed.

Day 14 I pick-up the AllerZips for my bed and another set for pillows. All the pillows on the beds are now encased in them and I put one on the pet bed.

It takes me until Day 16, today, to get the mattress one on, and I have still not managed to get the one on the box spring. I was just too beat. I still need to order online a twin one and some king pillowcases. My local retail seller does not keep those, so I might as well order myself.

I took several things to the storage room, a sealed up 21 gallon plastic bin with photos and pictures. A space bag with more linens and newly found stuffed animals. Another space bag with more linens. Some toys that got sprayed down and had already been in plastic. and another plastic bin with papers and misc from my room.

I have never heard anything from the homeowners' assoc people and nothing has been posted or communicated to my neighbors as far as I know, so I sent out an email to the assoc leadership. Bottom line, someone needs to inform the people closest to me. If I am the only one who gets inspected or gets treatment, this is not going to go away. And what about common areas. I fear the assoc people are not well-informed and may not be the most tech-savvy.

There is still a lot of stuff just setting around in my house. It is a little daunting. Clothing I feel is handled and more than 50% of the things in my bedroom are dealt with, but that last 50% is just stuff I do not know what to do with. I guess if all else fails, I'll get plastic bins and just dump the random stuff in them.

The PakTite was supposed to be in on Friday, but delivery was late. The place now has my number and will call me when it is in. They are hoping for a delivery on Tuesday.
Spent:
Zipper bags - $6.60
Laundry refill - $20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment