Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 10 - Enter The Professionals

The Pest Control folk came by to inspect. I showed them my samples and that was all they needed to see. They will get me their prep list (good thing I was already starting on one for another exterminator) and when I have completed all their requirements, they will come in and do treatment #1.

I asked all my questions and received satisfactory answers (look at bedbugger.com in their FAQs for questions to ask) - they do a combination of treatments, dust and spray. They do not use steam, but that leaves something I can seek out on my own if their work does not produce results. He did not try to sell me on any products, so I will need to go ahead and invest in the more expensive and tested impenetrable encasements now, at least for my bed. My goal is to get through all the requirments on the prep list this week.

While waiting for the inspection, I get another load of laundry in and another dryer only load in (pillows). The pillows get bagged immediately out of the dryer and went straight to the storage room.

I hope to get 1-2 large tubs packed up tonight of unwashable items and do more vacuuming, focusing specifically on baseboards. I need to find my nozzle attachment.

update - well, I did not get the tubs packed up. I did get the laundry bagged, and I found the nozzle for the vacuum. I also got some small scattered misc items up off my floor and into a small tub, and got the ClimbUps on the legs of more furniture. I also did research on how best to fill the big (1/4" or more) gaps and cracks in my old and never re-fishinshed wooden floors. This would probably be a great time to get them re-done, except for the whole, already living in a chaotic mess/spending money like crazy thing. I sought out some advice on the bedbugger.com forums and think I will buy supplies this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment