Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 17

Still no new bites and no sightings. I even do a cushion check on the couch after the lights are off and check my sons bed twice that evening. He had two small red spots on one leg - it could be anything, but I will be checking his bed nightly. It's a captains bed and I have heard horror stories. It is pressed wood though and slick on the outside. I will be pulling the bed out from the wall asap though. I have told my son that if bugs are in the wood of the bed that he will get a metal bunkbed, so he is onboard.

I bag up a good chunk of the hanging clothes that cannot be washed and I pull the final items from my dresser and get them to the plastic hamper bag for washing this week. I think 1-2 more bags should empty the closets of clothes and then I should be able to just dump misc into a bin.

I also get ClimbUps under my dresser legs and on two legs of each of my side tables. I realize that having them on only half the legs is pretty ineffective, but figure it is better than nothing and may show if they are on either table. I have yet to find a bug in any of the ClimbUps.

I've left a message with the Pest Control people with instructions to call me back. Aim is for treatment mid week (day 19 or 20).

Clothes I had gotten into the dryer on the evening of day 16, I pack directly into an XL Ziploc and take to the storage room.

I am struggling with how to store the dry clean items once I get the PakTite and can treat them. I don't think shoving a suit or nice dress into a gallon sized sip lock will work. There are 2 gallon sizes that might have to just work as trying to work up any sort of sealed hanging situation seems ridiculous and costly.

No comments:

Post a Comment