Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 22 - Plodding along

I am not allowing my son on the couch. I am going to vacuum the DE up after a couple of days, in the mean time, he can sit on the recliner.

DISCLAIMER: DE is NOT supposed to be used on upholstered furniture. It is also not to be used on mattresses.

So there's that and I have some regrets of having done it, but I also want the bugs gone, so I will leave it for a few days, then I will vacuum it thoroughly (and I will wear the respirator while doing it) a few times. I may even come through the room with a water mist sprayer after to settle any dust. It wasn't much that I used, but these bugs are not worth getting either of us sick for or doing any, even a little, lung damage.

I told some more friends. ugh.

I still need to give out the info to the rest of the neighbors. I think I am just putting it under their doors with a note, I can't deal with talking to that many people over and over. EDIT: and it is done.

Happiness is PackTiting Ziploc bags. I hope this means that I will not have to buy any more.

I am trying to do 2-3 loads of things in the PackTite each weekend day. I do not want to over use it, but I also really really want to treat some more things and get them into storage.

I got 2 of the 21 gallon bins taped up air tight and into the storage room. These are things that I could go without for 18 months, but they could also be PackTited if I feel the house is clear before then. They had been stacked in part of the living room, so it is nice to have some of that space back.

I need to treat some of the things in bags in my room so I can move them to storage also, although realistically only 2-3 more bins can fit in there. My room is just barely navigable at point. either bags go into closets and get removed for treatment only, or some get moved to on top of the desk in there. Something has to give.

In my late night worktime, post son going to sleep, I brushed DE into the seams of the drawers under his bed. wiped up all excess. I found no evidence of bugs down there still, but that bed remains my biggest fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment