Monday, July 27, 2009

Tedium - Day 3

At some point I need to write a post about shame and stigma, but not right now.

I'll clean this up a bit later.

Woke up too late to do any laundry, even dryer only loads, but I did pick up the 2 loads that had been in over night and started bagging them. What I didn't get finished I put into a XXL Ziploc for holding.

1st day dealing with all this and work and school. We got off without a hitch, but I am going to have this nagging at the back of my head wondering if I am taking any bugs or eggs with me (worrying about this will eat up a lot of my brain time during the day, but I might have thought up a plan to at least help - more later).

NO email from the association people. I call and wait on hold for a while, but have to get back to work. No email answer from my hope-to-be exterminator either (about treating pets and if he has some products I want). I tell one friend at work and she tells me of a mutual friend who had them, so I will contact that person. At lunch I have to call our sitter. We have regular hours with her each week and I want to let her know the situation before she comes over. big stress, must be a grown-up. Well, turns out, they had them in her house 2 years ago. She gets it, she knows I need help right now, she is ok. YAY! I have decided any guests we have over (and I think she and family will be it) can only go into the kitchen.

After work I get XXL Ziploc on two storage bags that had been under my bed. I had sprayed them down with alcohol when I pulled them out, but as my brain was working today, I realized any eggs on them would just continue to hatch and give me more bugs. ugh. So I spray them down again and get them bagged.

I also spray down the shoes I wore today after going into my room. Spraying shoes I think will become ritual before leaving the house each day. (part of that plan I mentioned)

With my son decompressed from school and watching some shows, I get 2 loads of laundry in and a dryer only load (stuffed animals). I have help tonight and she gets to work bagging the clothes I had left from this morning. Then she boxes up 4 small rubbermaid tubs with books. The books are in the living room and I know the bedroom should be my main focus, but books I've read can go away for 18 months and I'd like a set of that boxed up in case this becomes a long ordeal. **need to still tape those up .

Later I get a large rubbermaid tub filled with shoes and belts and taped all up. I flatten out around 20 shoe boxes and get them into plastic bags to toss out. I also bag up a whole slew of paper goods (tissue paper, paper bags, decorative napkins and plates that I was going to try and get rid of, plus some shopping bags in the hall closet) and toss them all. I have plenty more, this is the decluttering that I need to do. I fill the last small rubbermaid bin I have with small electronics from my bedroom - all things that can go away for 18 months - and tape it up.

While I had help I did my first vacuuming of my bedroom since the discovery. Really this should have happened day 1 or 2, but it didn't. I tried to just focus under the bed and where things that had been under then bed had been sitting once pulled out. After, I put the bag in a ziploc and tossed it, I also removed the part that holds the bag (no electrical elements in that part) as well as the air filter pieces, and poured boiled water over and through them.

I still have a lot to wash, and I am stressing over all my non-washable clothes. I don't really trust my local dry cleaner to do what needs to be done or to understand bed bug specific protocol. I may just bag it up and wait for the PackTite. And then there is all my season clothing that is already in storage, is it affected? That is winter stuff so treating it is going to be a nightmare.

Money spent today:

More ziploc bags - $11.43

No comments:

Post a Comment